1. Link to the person who tagged you
2. Post the rules on your blog
3. List 6 random facts about yourself
4. Tag 6 people at the end of your post
5. Let each person know they’ve been tagged by commenting on their blog
6. Let the tagger know the entry is posted on your blog
Number 1 has been taken care of, as has number 2.
Six random facts about me... Ok, here goes;
1. This is harder than I thought! Like my brother, I did athletics while at high school. I'd made it to the State Championships for the 1500 metre walk 3 years in a row (the last three years of Little Athletics - ages 12, 13 and 14). I'd also been ok at throwing events and high jump, which is an odd combination when you think about it. By the time I'd started University, I was too heavy for high jump so I had to give it away.
2. The incident my brother speaks about with the table and his leg, I was involved in as well. It was at CEBS, which is Church of England Boys Society. It's a bit like Scouts, but for Anglicans. Anyhoo, I was a junior leader, and was running a game of 'Captain's Coming', where you have to do the actions to the lines called out by the leader; e.g. If the leader cries "Bow", you had to run to the end of the hall designated as the Bow of the ship, Starboard, and Port etc. As I called one side, I called 'Bow' as they were heading for the side. The change in direction caused my brother to lose his footing on the polished floor and slide into the table which did the damage. Now, I know he's told me before that he doesn't blame me, but I've always felt guilty about it as I was calling the game and it ended his chances to compete at the State Championships.
3. I used to play the flute in my high school's concert band. At the time, the concert band was one of the best in the state, winning local eisteddfords and finishing second in the State concert band championships one year. The band even toured Japan (co-organised by Bathurst's sister city of Osaka) - unfortunately I wasn't able to go due to the cost and it being 4 weeks before my HSC exams started. I haven't played the flute for about 5 years now, but I have taken up Bass Guitar.
4. Since University, I have only had 2 jobs. The first, with Comaltech Ltd, I resigned from as they were going under. The second, is my current job at CSU (only 3 years to go before Long Service Leave!).
5. I have never had to go to hospital for anything major. Aside from a couple of stitches which were done by the nurse when I was much younger and a few sprains here and there, I've never had an operation, any broken bones or serious illnesses *touch wood*.
6. I am related to the now-retired Hawthorn full forward Jason Dunstall, albeit distantly. He was one of the reasons I started playing Aussie Rules when I was in high school and even got to meet him during a Hawthorn v Sydney game at the SCG years ago. When I say meet, I mean stand in the players concourse after the Auskick halftime game and say "Hi" as he walked past.
Now, to tag 6 people...
dominitus, jbekkema, scoie, nsanity_au, toddlerdaddy, and tahnee.